cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thansson
Helper III
Helper III

2 dropdown: one filter and the orther based on columns header.

Hi

How can I make 2 dropdown based one the same SP list.

One dropdown based on an row and the other based on columns header.

Then show a filtered galley based on the value of the dropdowns ?

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thansson 

So, you cannot reference column names in PowerApps without a specific declared reference (i.e. you cannot make it dynamic).  

So, in your case, the first dropdown is based on the Title column (i.e.  Items property : yourList.Title)

Your second dropdown would need to have all of your column names declared manually.  i.e. Items property : ["2", "3", "4"]

Now, for the Gallery....I am not really sure what you need to filter in this case.  You are already going to filter the rows by the selected Title in dropdown 1, but what roll does dropdown 2 play in it?  I get that you want to select a column, but that is not really a filter, it's just a selection.

You could use it to control visibility of the controls in your gallery, but beyond that, I am not seeing where this plays into a filter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thansson 

You can do this, but can you describe your requirements a little more as to what you are expecting in each?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi @RandyHayes 

I have a SP list, with columns header.

The title column should be a dropdown  ( No problem)

The next dropdown should be based on columns header.

If you choice the value in the 2 drop down this should filter a gallery, shoving the text in cross between the choices.

1      2     3      4

2      k      s      p

3      n      m    r

If you choose 3 and 4   you will get r.

Regards

Tony

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Thansson 

So, you cannot reference column names in PowerApps without a specific declared reference (i.e. you cannot make it dynamic).  

So, in your case, the first dropdown is based on the Title column (i.e.  Items property : yourList.Title)

Your second dropdown would need to have all of your column names declared manually.  i.e. Items property : ["2", "3", "4"]

Now, for the Gallery....I am not really sure what you need to filter in this case.  You are already going to filter the rows by the selected Title in dropdown 1, but what roll does dropdown 2 play in it?  I get that you want to select a column, but that is not really a filter, it's just a selection.

You could use it to control visibility of the controls in your gallery, but beyond that, I am not seeing where this plays into a filter.

View solution in original post

Thansson
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @RandyHayes 

Thank you I Can see your point, I Will try this

Have a Nice day

Regards

Tony

Thansson
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @RandyHayes 

I have made the frist dropdown bases on the title, and the second based on manually based columnheaders.

In the gallery i have made a filter on the galley with first dropdown, so I get the list of items with the same title.

Now I want the gallery to only show the textfield from the selected column in second dropdown.

I can't make it work.

I have tried to use lookup in the text field (Inside the filtered galley), and also thisitem.selected

LookUp(MakePackKoncept;ThisItem.Title = Dropdown1.Selected.Value;Dropdown2.Selected.Result)

It dosn't make any failure, but show no fields.

Do you a have suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,165)