cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmitLoh-Powerap
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

256 rows limit getting rows from excel

256 rows limit getting rows from excel. I am not able to get more than 256 rows from excel located on ftp in flow. I have 400 rows in excel. It only gives me 256 rows.

47 REPLIES 47

Recently we increased the Max rows limit to 2048 but the default limit is still 256. Could you send me your flow information (Name)?

I just crosschecked from my end and I was able to retrieve more than 256 by providing the appropriate value in the "Maximum Get Count" field. Sending your flow information helps us in debugging the issue specific to your flow.

ExcelGet400Rows.png

There is no rows when attaching the Excel file. 

There is no option to change the row limit. 

Please let us know if this is a limitation or if it is goint to be change in the future. 

get rows - max 256.JPG

As shown in the previous posts "Maximum Get Count" filed will restrict the number of rows returned by the GetRows operation. 

Provide a value in "Maximum Get Count" filed - to set the max rows to be returned.

E.g: 400 - as shown in the sceenshot.ExcelGet400Rows.png

Once the flow gets a run then we should see 400 entries in the output - as shown in the below screenshot. ExcelGet400RowsOutput.png

Try following above two steps - and let me know where exactly are you facing the issue?

Thank you,

Suresh Koorella

Are you stating not to select "Get rows"? 

No. GetRows is the only operation to retrieve the rows from an Excel file. 

Could you please list down the steps that you are following? and followed by expected and actual output.

I am verifying with other templates and I will be providing you with the steps and screenshots during the weekend. 

I have viewed the following article: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/No-table-was-found-with-name-triggered-R...

Same issue occurs. There is no way to upload an Excel file with 450 rows or more. 

Again, is this a limitation? If it is, when is it going to be fixed?

Question: 

Is there precise instructions on how this should work? 

Question: 

If I select on "Excel - Get rows" or "Excel - Insert row" the same issue occurs. Any ideas?

alarm.PNG

Second example that there is a 256 row limit. 

another workflow example.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,648)