Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

3 Gallerys on one Screen while always displaying only one Gallery

Hello everybody,

i want to build an app that allows me to view my customers, employees and contact persons at the customer's site. I have stored these three views as "functions" at the bottom of the dock.

I have already integrated all lists within the app via Gallery.

If I click on "Customer" at the bottom left, only the customer list should be displayed and the rest should be hidden. If I click on "Staff", then the customers and the contact persons should be hidden, so that I have the 3 views within one screen at the end.

I have already tried to work with formulas, but I did not get it as I thought.

Thanks for any kind of help

Frederik Rier

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: 3 Gallerys on one Screen while always displaying only one Gallery

For example you can work with a variable in your footer that is set each time you click on item like customer, employee, etc.
In items of gallery you can then put a Switch() function and switch between items of the gallery. That way you can work with a single gallery. 
The other option would be to have 3 galleries configured for each items. Then set the visible of this based on the variable you set when click on your footer. So on customer (footer) click, set(Gal1, true); set(Gal2, false); set(Gal3, false). That way you can use Gal1,2,3 for visibility of the galleries.

My preference would be to work with a single gallery, but the last one might be easier for you to handle

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You need to decide if you work with an UpdateContext which sets the scope to the screen (context) only. Or if you work with a Set which sets the context to a global variable

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Each gallery has a property called items. Those items can be bound to a specific set of records. In your case you have to bind the items to a view or recordset (table) of your customers, employees or contacts.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Carsten,

thank you for your quick response.

The contents of the lists are displayed accordingly and the data sources are also linked to the Gallery.

My goal is to output each of the lists to a single screen, displaying only one list at a time. If you click on the button of another view, the other lists will be hidden and only the corresponding one will be displayed.

If this works with your method, how do I implement it exactly? Did not find this just now. I try to work with variables all the time, but it does not work properly.

Friendly greetings

Frederik

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

For example you can work with a variable in your footer that is set each time you click on item like customer, employee, etc.
In items of gallery you can then put a Switch() function and switch between items of the gallery. That way you can work with a single gallery. 
The other option would be to have 3 galleries configured for each items. Then set the visible of this based on the variable you set when click on your footer. So on customer (footer) click, set(Gal1, true); set(Gal2, false); set(Gal3, false). That way you can use Gal1,2,3 for visibility of the galleries.

My preference would be to work with a single gallery, but the last one might be easier for you to handle

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@Carsten_Growth Thanks for the good description, that helped me a lot.

I have tried to rebuild it accordingly.

Each list has now the corresponding variable in the tab "Visible", which I defined in the footer of OnSelect. I also tried with Set to set the value for the other two unused lists to False with the Set command. I think there is only one small thing missing.

What did i wrong? 🙂

Many greetings
Frederik

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You need to decide if you work with an UpdateContext which sets the scope to the screen (context) only. Or if you work with a Set which sets the context to a global variable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,849)