cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

3 data sources - 2 works 1 does not

In my powerapp, I have 3 data sources. they are all using the exact same connector (SQL Server on premise gateway). All 3 pull in data from SQL views.

2 work just fine, the 3rd has stopped working. I have removed them all, saved the app, re-loaded the app and re-added each one (saving, closing and reloading after each connection added) but still the same one keeps failing with the error message of 

failed to retrieve appdatasourceconfig

I cannot understand why. The user it connects as has permission to select, in fact the user has the same permission to all 3 views in the database. Premium license is in place. 

Any ideas please?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: 3 data sources - 2 works 1 does not

OK, never mind I fixed it, very strangely.

Even with all SQL connections removed in PowerApps I kept getting the following error

Capture.PNG

Turns out these were caused by the fact I had 2 flows that I am calling and had recently alter their SQL connections.

I've removed the flows, re-added them.

Once I did this I could re-add the 3rd SQL connection and it no longer had an error. Very strange solution! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: 3 data sources - 2 works 1 does not

OK, never mind I fixed it, very strangely.

Even with all SQL connections removed in PowerApps I kept getting the following error

Capture.PNG

Turns out these were caused by the fact I had 2 flows that I am calling and had recently alter their SQL connections.

I've removed the flows, re-added them.

Once I did this I could re-add the 3rd SQL connection and it no longer had an error. Very strange solution! 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,930)