cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobThrive
Helper I
Helper I

3 data sources - 2 works 1 does not

In my powerapp, I have 3 data sources. they are all using the exact same connector (SQL Server on premise gateway). All 3 pull in data from SQL views.

2 work just fine, the 3rd has stopped working. I have removed them all, saved the app, re-loaded the app and re-added each one (saving, closing and reloading after each connection added) but still the same one keeps failing with the error message of 

failed to retrieve appdatasourceconfig

I cannot understand why. The user it connects as has permission to select, in fact the user has the same permission to all 3 views in the database. Premium license is in place. 

Any ideas please?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobThrive
Helper I
Helper I

OK, never mind I fixed it, very strangely.

Even with all SQL connections removed in PowerApps I kept getting the following error

Capture.PNG

Turns out these were caused by the fact I had 2 flows that I am calling and had recently alter their SQL connections.

I've removed the flows, re-added them.

Once I did this I could re-add the 3rd SQL connection and it no longer had an error. Very strange solution! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RobThrive
Helper I
Helper I

OK, never mind I fixed it, very strangely.

Even with all SQL connections removed in PowerApps I kept getting the following error

Capture.PNG

Turns out these were caused by the fact I had 2 flows that I am calling and had recently alter their SQL connections.

I've removed the flows, re-added them.

Once I did this I could re-add the 3rd SQL connection and it no longer had an error. Very strange solution! 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,734)