cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

3rd Level Nested Gallery

Hi,

I can able to create Gallery inside a Gallery, but I am not able to create 3 levels of galleries. How can i approach it ? Whenver I tried to insert a gallery inside a gallery 2, its reflecting into Active Screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: 3rd Level Nested Gallery

Currently this is not possible - galleries can only be nested 2-deep (please create a new feature request in the PowerApps Ideas board with this scenario).

Could you describe the scenario in which you want to use a 3rd-level nested gallery? When this decision was being made the idea was that the majority of the scenarios would not need the third level. For example, one can have a vertical (scrolling) gallery with a horizontal (scrolling) gallery inside, but once a third level was added, if we had the need for scrolling it would be confusing for the user if we had multiple cells that could scroll to the same direction.

Barrett
Regular Visitor

My use case for this is that we have a complex PowerApp that shows a gallery of a variable number of transactions to be processed, and each transaction can have a variable number of line items to enter, and each line item can have a variable number of "batch split" line items where a particular batch of material could be split amongst multiple warehouses. The third level of gallery would only show if a "Split" toggle were actviated on a particular line item in the second level gallery so it shouldn't be too confusing for the user visually since the third level gallery will only show up intermittently. My current workaround for this is to create a popup screen where a gallery will appear and allow the user to enter the split batch data there. However, this is not as intuitive and does not flow as well as a third-level gallery. 

MaxDonen Helper V
Helper V

I am working on a similar task, using a similar approach. The notion of a 3rd level nested gallery would be a very useful feature for my app. 

casewolf
Frequent Visitor

I also have need of 3 levels of Galleries because I need checkboxes for the items shown in my second level gallery.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,119)