Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jrasal
Level: Powered On

4 ComboBoxes filtering a gallery error with multiselect Choice field

Hi

Thanks to @Sienna I managed to filter my gallery by 3 ComboBoxes that were filtering from a sharepoint list using columns that were choice fields (drop down list). I now want to introduce a 4th ComboBox, the difference with this one is that although it's a choice field in SharePoint it's a multiple select field and the code isn't working the same.  This 4th ComboBox is key to the filter is there any way to filter a gallery using a ComboBox to filter a mutliple select choice column in SharePoint? Whilst also filtering by the other 3 ComboBoxes?

Here is the code I have written out so far:

Dataset= 'Testing Science Conference'

Column names for corresponding comboboxes= 1=Country, 2=Topics, 3=Abstract, 4='Confirmed MSC attendance'

Switch(true, (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),  
                'Testing Science Conference',

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),
            (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference',Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value && Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value),
            (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value&& Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference',Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value&& Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value),
            (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),
            (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference',Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),
            (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && (IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),
            (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value && Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),

((IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference','Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),
            (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference','Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value && Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),
            (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),
                Filter('Testing Science Conference','Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value && Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value && Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value),

((Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)))),
                 Filter('Testing Science Conference', Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),
                 ((IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox2.Selected))) && (IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && (Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)))),
                 Filter('Testing Science Conference', Topics.Value in ComboBox2.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),
'Testing Science Conference')

Apolgises for the messy long code but basically it covers every situation of a selection being made in the each ComboBox, the red text is the ComboBox2 code. This is the one with the problem, it comes up with the red error line under Value in the 'Topics.Value' part and says the following: Invalid argument type. Cannot use Table values in this context. I've tried so many different combinations now any help would be really appricated.

Please ask me if anything isn't clear and you need more information.

Thanks,

Jrasal

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jrasal

Re: 4 ComboBoxes filtering a gallery error with multiselect Choice field

It took a while, but I’ve discovered a solution. It’s a little like cheating but it works. Essentially I filter my gallery by the 3 comboboxes that are drop down selection and then the 2nd combobox that is a multiple selection field doesn’t filter the gallery but causes the items that don’t match it to become invisible. Technically the items are all still there but to a human user they don’t appear and it looks like the gallery has been filtered just like with the other comboboxes.

The 2nd combobox was the one that had a SharePoint column choice field set to multiple selection. I followed through this excellent YouTube video that demonstrates how to essentially hide items in your gallery that don’t match the ComboBox selection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44j2VRbdWjk&t=6s

You can mix this method easily with filtering the gallery by drop down selection comboboxes.

This was the code that I used to filter the gallery by 3 comboboxes that are linked to a sharepoint list that has a choices field with drop down selection.

Column names for corresponding comboboxes= 1=Country, 3=Abstract, 4='Confirmed MSC attendance'

Switch(true, (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),  

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),

Filter('Testing Science Conference', Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),

Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

Filter('Testing Science Conference', Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value && 'Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value && Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),

((IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

Filter('Testing Science Conference','Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value),

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

Filter('Testing Science Conference','Confirmed MSC attendance'.Value in ComboBox4.SelectedItems.Value && Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),

((Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)))),

Filter('Testing Science Conference', Country.Value in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value && Abstract.Value in ComboBox3.SelectedItems.Value),

View solution in original post

Jrasal

It took a while, but I’ve discovered a solution. It’s a little like cheating but it works. Essentially I filter my gallery by the 3 comboboxes that are drop down selection and then the 2nd  combobox that is a multiple selection field doesn’t filter the gallery but causes the items that don’t match it to become invisible. Technically the items are all still there but to a human user they don’t appear and it looks like the gallery has been filtered just like with the other comboboxes.

The 2nd combobox was the one that had a SharePoint column choice field set to multiple selection. I followed through this excellent YouTube video that demonstrates how to essentially hide items in your gallery that don’t match the ComboBox selection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44j2VRbdWjk&t=6s

You can mix this method easily with filtering the gallery by drop down selection comboboxes.

This was the code that I used to filter the gallery by 3 comboboxes that are linked to a sharepoint list that has a choices field with drop down selection.

Column names for corresponding comboboxes= 1=Country, 3=Abstract, 4='Confirmed MSC attendance'

Switch(true, (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),  

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)),

(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

((IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

(Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected))),

((Not(IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected)) && Not(IsBlank(ComboBox3.Selected)) && (IsBlank(ComboBox4.Selected)))),

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jrasal ,

Thanks for your sharing and hope others could benefit from it in the future.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jrasal

Hi @v-monli-msft 

Well without a solution it's not that much help to anyone but hopefully someone on here will be able to solve the problem.

Thanks,

JRasal

Jrasal

It took a while, but I’ve discovered a solution. It’s a little like cheating but it works. Essentially I filter my gallery by the 3 comboboxes that are drop down selection and then the 2nd combobox that is a multiple selection field doesn’t filter the gallery but causes the items that don’t match it to become invisible. Technically the items are all still there but to a human user they don’t appear and it looks like the gallery has been filtered just like with the other comboboxes.

Jrasal

It took a while, but I’ve discovered a solution. It’s a little like cheating but it works. Essentially I filter my gallery by the 3 comboboxes that are drop down selection and then the 2nd  combobox that is a multiple selection field doesn’t filter the gallery but causes the items that don’t match it to become invisible. Technically the items are all still there but to a human user they don’t appear and it looks like the gallery has been filtered just like with the other comboboxes.

Jrasal

It took a while, but I’ve discovered a solution. It’s a little like cheating but it works. Essentially I filter my gallery by the 3 comboboxes that are drop down selection and then the 4th combobox that is a multiple selection field doesn’t filter the gallery but causes the items that don’t match it to become invisible. Technically the items are all still there but to a human user they don’t appear and it looks like the gallery has been filtered just like with the other comboboxes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,836)