cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

500 Error: The remote name could not be resolved

Hello all,

I am building trying to use a custom connector for the first time. The connector says is successfully creates, but I get a 500 error every time I try to test it (even using the same body that I used on the "import from sample" part of creation).

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"message": "The remote name could not be resolved: '(my URL here)",
"source": "unitedstates-002.azure-apim.net",
"path": "forward-request",
"clientRequestId": "(request ID here)"
}
}

Has anybody come across this and know potential reasons to get a 500 code?

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @brett1 could you please let me know how you are creating the custom connector. are you using a json file or swagger file?

Please send me the steps to review it

Frequent Visitor

@Yeiner 

I was just creating from blank. I was filling out the fields like normal but I did toggle on the swagger editor to check it.

I believe my error must be on the Authentication side. I was just reading the basic custom connector info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/

So I guess I have 2 questions:

1) If your API is private (as defined in the documentation) do you have to use a gateway in some fashion?

2) If your API is private, do you have to use Authentication and is there a specific one that you should use?

Thanks!

Hello @brett1 I would like to share this video with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCS1nPsDiE&feature=youtu.be 

@brett1  I'm having a similar issue. I'm not sure if its because of our ASE or how APIM is setup. Were you able to solve for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,157)