cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

500 delegation limit error when my data set doesn't surpass the number of items.

Hello everyone, 

I am building an app to track office supplies, and I am having trouble with a filter function. I am using a Sharepoint list instead of excel because I want inventory quantity to automatically update when an employee takes out supplies, a functionality that can't be done with excel for my understanding. What I want is for employees to search for the product they want and be able to enter the quantity of the selected product, after confirmation, it will automatically update the new number in the Sharepoint list.  The formula I am using for the search functionality is "Filter('Inventory-Academic Technologies_1', StartsWith(Description,'Search Box'.Text & ProductSearchBox.Text))". I am having trouble with the search functionality, which is not allowing for searches because the error message that appears is the delegation limit (Seen in the image). However, that is not the case at all, I know the filter and StartsWith functionality are delegable with a Sharepoint list as a data source and the list doesn't surpass 500 items. The list has 86 line-items and 430 items in total, so I don't see the problem with the formula. I hope someone has the expertise to know how to get around this failed solution. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: 500 delegation limit error when my data set doesn't surpass the number of items.

Hi @jlbustillos2 ,

Did you tried to use the Search function?

Here's an example:

3.jpg

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: 500 delegation limit error when my data set doesn't surpass the number of items.

I believe you delegation error is caused ['Search Box'.Text & ProductSearchBox.Text]. If you really need to concatenate the two fields then try Concatenate('Search Box'.Text , ProductSearchBox.Text)

Do you really want to concatenate the two search boxes into one search string?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,869)