cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long)

@pranavnaidu24 This solution won't work for list more than 4000, items correct?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long)

@bmassmann 

ID column will not be available under Indexed Columns, please choose Title or any additional columns you may have.

Hope this helps.

pranavnaidu24_0-1594837531162.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That's right @amitnaik .

The solution proposed works only up to 4000 records.

Need to tweak, like

ClearCollect(col1, Filter(DataSource, Column >= 2001 && Column <= 4000))

Or using starts with.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

Hi

I tried with above code but that temporary collection only get 500 records. Doesn't get more than 500. could you please suggest to get more than 500,  

I tried to pull more records to collection but every time collection shows First 500 records only. I doesn't get next 500 records. 

I just simply put RecordID>500 && RecordID<=1000 it pulls only from RecordID 1 to 500 only. i doesn't give next Records.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: 500 item limit in CDM entity search filter(need to switch to asp.net app if this exists for long

@upputuriyamini2 : Hope you have set the Data row limit to Max of 2000 under Advanced settings

pranavnaidu24_0-1597894227515.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the information.

In my database i have 7000 records. I would like to search a record whose record id is in between 4500 to 5000.

So with this setting and with the above code, when i try to search records between 4500 to 5000 with a search keyword, it is actually searching in between 1 to 2000 only. 

Is there any way to retrieve records in the specific interval like (4500 to 5000 or 6000 to 6500) ?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @pranavnaidu24 

I read the above article which describe the "This solution works only up to 4000 records."

Ok, Fine  about that, at least given solution is work RecordID 500 to RecordID 2000.

my main problem is not getting more than 500 records using the given code(page4 msg 35). and i specify with in that to show like RecordID500 to RecordID 1000 but it doesn't give any record. 

Please give the solution of my problem or any modifications need to this approach I only get 500 records.

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @mr-dang,

I have powerapps application and it use Sharepoint List as datasource.
I tried your solution for my need, and it went well except for the third part where the ForAll is used to pull the record.

I got runtime error in the powerapps App checker.

image.png

And the error statement is as follow

rizkyaditya_0-1598839756416.png

This is the code that i use, with minor modification for the variable or datasource name

//Collection fetching repetition
UpdateContext({dataPertama: First(DB_Karyawan)});
UpdateContext({dataTerakhir: First(Sort(DB_Karyawan,ID_DB_Karyawan,Descending))});
UpdateContext({maxRun: RoundUp((dataTerakhir.ID_DB_Karyawan - dataPertama.ID_DB_Karyawan)/100,0)});

//Collection ID reference
ClearCollect(Run,Filter(loop100,Number<=maxRun));

//Create collection
Clear(CollectTEST);
ForAll(Run,Collect(CollectTEST,Filter(DB_Karyawan,ID_DB_Karyawan >= dataPertama.ID_DB_Karyawan+nilaiMin && ID_DB_Karyawan < dataPertama.ID_DB_Karyawan+nilaiMax)))

I limit my app for only 100 items., so it repeat the collection 3 times.
Because i only have 229 data in sharepoint list.

Does this problem has anything to do with sharepoint as my datasource?
Please advice.

Thank you!
Rizky Aditya - ID

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,314)