cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

502 Bad Gateway on SharePoint form

Hi all,

 

Since a couple of days (3-4 days), I'm having trouble getting a certain PowerApps SharePoint form to work.

It's giving me an error on the datasource itself, being "An error occurred on the server":

Also, if I open the developers toolbar in IE or chrome I get a lot of 502 bad gateway errors, all pointing to https://europe-001.azure-apim.net/apim/sharepointonline/shared-sharepointonl-***.
On other lists, I don't have this problem.

 

The error on the people field 'Leidinggevende' was resolved, because apparently the people field has a new control incl. picture etc. So I just removed the former control and readded a new datacard.

This however didn't resolve the form error 😞

 

So far I've:

  • Contacted Microsoft via service request: no response in 2 days (usually someone answers in a couple of hours, now, I don't know what's going on)
  • Saved the list on which the form is based as a template and recreated it in another tenant => same problem here
  • Created a new custom list and edited the SharePoint form in PowerApps: ok
  • Created a new custom list, added similar types of fields (date, multiline, choice, people) to the list and edited the SharePoint form in PowerApps: ok (=so no problem with the types of fields)
  • Restored a version of the form from a couple of days ago => doesn't work
  • Created a standalone PowerApps app, based on this list: same problem
  • Added a new datasource to the form, reconnected the SharePoint Integration-component to the new datasource => same problem

Does anyone else have this problem?

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: 502 Bad Gateway on SharePoint form

This issue was resolved by Microsoft support and the underlying problem was we hit the throttling limit of PowerApps, although it wasn't that obvious!

The problem was that, apart from a couple of listcolumns we also had 9 workflowstatus columns on that list. Those were coming from SharePoint Designer workflows.

As you may or may not know: every time you publish a new version of a workflow, and you have items running a previous version of that workflow, SharePoint adds a new workflowstatus column for the new version.

These fields also count towards the throttling limit apparently! Same goes for people fields.

 

So in our case, we had 9 workflowstatus columns, with 1 extra column for a new version, 1 additional people field and the default 2 people fields (=created by and modified by). This caused the PowerApps form to cross the 12 field limit on 'special lookup' columns threshold.

By deleting the duplicate workflowstatus field, the form started working again!

 

For anyone wanting to remove those pesky workflowstatus fields, here is the PowerShell code to do so:

Import-Module SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline -DisableNameChecking;
$secpasswd = ConvertTo-SecureString "password" -AsPlainText -Force;
$cred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("username", $secpasswd);

$company = "tenantName"
$url = "https://$company.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName";

# PnP
Connect-PnPOnline -Url $url -Credentials $cred;

Set-PnPField -Identity "MyFieldTitle" -List  "ListName" -Values @{Hidden=$false;ReadOnlyField=$false}
Remove-PnPField -Identity "MyFieldTitle" -List  "ListName"

 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: 502 Bad Gateway on SharePoint form

This issue was resolved by Microsoft support and the underlying problem was we hit the throttling limit of PowerApps, although it wasn't that obvious!

The problem was that, apart from a couple of listcolumns we also had 9 workflowstatus columns on that list. Those were coming from SharePoint Designer workflows.

As you may or may not know: every time you publish a new version of a workflow, and you have items running a previous version of that workflow, SharePoint adds a new workflowstatus column for the new version.

These fields also count towards the throttling limit apparently! Same goes for people fields.

 

So in our case, we had 9 workflowstatus columns, with 1 extra column for a new version, 1 additional people field and the default 2 people fields (=created by and modified by). This caused the PowerApps form to cross the 12 field limit on 'special lookup' columns threshold.

By deleting the duplicate workflowstatus field, the form started working again!

 

For anyone wanting to remove those pesky workflowstatus fields, here is the PowerShell code to do so:

Import-Module SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline -DisableNameChecking;
$secpasswd = ConvertTo-SecureString "password" -AsPlainText -Force;
$cred = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("username", $secpasswd);

$company = "tenantName"
$url = "https://$company.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName";

# PnP
Connect-PnPOnline -Url $url -Credentials $cred;

Set-PnPField -Identity "MyFieldTitle" -List  "ListName" -Values @{Hidden=$false;ReadOnlyField=$false}
Remove-PnPField -Identity "MyFieldTitle" -List  "ListName"

 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,839)