Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

52 Weeks Bar Chart

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a bar chart where the x axis is weeks (1/1,1/8,1/15 - 12/31) and the y axis is # of counts. 

# of counts is calculated by adding up all the employees that will be out of the office on a given week. For example, an employee has PTO starting from 1/1 - 1/14, then week 1/1 and 1/8 will increase count by 1. 

Any ideas on how to tackle this problem? Thank you in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: 52 Weeks Bar Chart

Can you show a sample of your Data or Table

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Hi @kenneth0596 ,

I suppose you have checked out the chart controls?
If not, maybe have a look at those first.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-column-line-chart

If that does not suit your needs using a Vertical Gallery is the way to go. What you need to do is construct a table to feed into the items property of the gallery containing the weeks and number of employees out of the office that week. Getting this table in the right format might take some work depending on how your available data is structured.

Every item in your gallery represents a week. 

Add a rectangle with a color filling to the gallery template and set the height of the rectangle to be calculated based on the employee count and you have your chart.  

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

The data will come from SharePoint.

It has multiple columns, user name, start date, end date, department, etc. 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Giving more detailed information will help. Sample employee names, week numbers you want to count and the weeks . You can do that in Excel with names that are not actual and colum names. What you have shown is incomplete for the kind of chart you are requesting.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Rebetcha ,

Thank you for your reply, I will try the vertical gallery. 

However, my data only have start date and end date. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the week number? 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@eka24

Thank you for your reply. 

Is there any way I can manipulate the data and get the week numbers from just the start date and end date?  (Power Automate, PowerApps etc. )

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,680)