cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

9h time difference between a submitted powerapps date and the result in a sharepoint list, with the same time zone (UTC+1)

Hello,

I have a strange issue with my dates : if I submit a datetime field with the value "13/02/2020 08:10", the result in my Sharepoint list is "12/02/2020 23:10".

And when I read this same date from my Sharepoint list ("12/02/2020 23:10") with my powerapps API, I read "13/02/2020 08:10".

I don't understand why there is 9h time between these 2 dates, because the time zone on SharePoint and on Powerapps is the same : UTC+1.

Could someone help me to kwow what I missed? or is it a bug?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Aurore

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

The suggestion was that delete the datefield and create it again but this time don't create it as datefield but a text column or text field.
That is when you submit date from powerapps, sharepoint will save it in that text column

View solution in original post

OK, I have seen with my administrator, and I discover that I didn't see all the SharePoint parameters!

As I saw the correct time zone I believed that it was fine... but it wasn't!

My administrator shows me his parameters window on SharePoint, and the regional parameter was on the pacific one! So -8h +1h = 9h offset!

We've decided to work on UTC from now on, on every environnement.

Thank you for your time.

I hope to talk about the difference between time zone parameter and regional parameter will help someone else!

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

This post may address your issue. Very similar.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Different-UTC-time-in-SharePoint-Online-and-...

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

It is similar, but not the same, because the time zone of Sharepoint and the time zone of Powerapps are the same on my computer : UTC+1h.

That why I don't understand why there is a difference of 9h....

Is there another place to check? A specific parameter to change used while submitting or reading a date from a datasource?

Thank you

Hope you have not looked at this already. The solution advises converting the sharepoint datefield to textfield.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Wrong-time-after-saving-into-Sharepoint-List...

No, I have the same issue when I submit a text value to SharePoint...

It is just crazy!

The suggestion was that delete the datefield and create it again but this time don't create it as datefield but a text column or text field.
That is when you submit date from powerapps, sharepoint will save it in that text column

ok, I will do that.

It is too bad there is no other solution.

Thanks for your help

Thanks the work around worked

OK, I have seen with my administrator, and I discover that I didn't see all the SharePoint parameters!

As I saw the correct time zone I believed that it was fine... but it wasn't!

My administrator shows me his parameters window on SharePoint, and the regional parameter was on the pacific one! So -8h +1h = 9h offset!

We've decided to work on UTC from now on, on every environnement.

Thank you for your time.

I hope to talk about the difference between time zone parameter and regional parameter will help someone else!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,582)