cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

A button when pressed opens a Word document that has the users name mail merged according to the name given on PowerApp Textinput?

Hi,

I want to make an Icon or button (OnSelect) to download a word document with the users name and surname on it, according to the name and surname given on the textinput1 and textinput2.

Is there a way to do this? Can someone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

It's a bit of a process, involving creating a Sharepoint document library, but this post contains a bunch of the info:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Populate-word-document/td-p/666345 

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

It's a bit of a process, involving creating a Sharepoint document library, but this post contains a bunch of the info:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Populate-word-document/td-p/666345 

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BCLS776,

Thank you so much for your input. However Instead of just making the file to be downloaded onto my SharePoint, I wanted the file to be downloaded for users also. 

So when a user clicks on the button they are able to download the merged document.

Is there a way to do that?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @BCLS776,

Thank you so much for your input. However Instead of just making the file to be downloaded onto my SharePoint, I wanted the file to be downloaded for users also. 

So when a user clicks on the button they are able to download the merged document.

Is there a way to do that?

Yes, that's something a Sharepoint document library makes available to multiple users, as long as it is shared with them. You can use the method described above to create the document, and then use Power Automate to retrieve a link to the new document (or even the document itself). As long as the other users have access to the document library, they can open the newly-created documents within it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BCLS776 ,

Thank you so much for your input.

Is there a way you can demonstrate this to me? I am struggling.

To help you along, look at these two links:

https://wonderlaura.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-flow-quick-parts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRFAP7xTwk

You will be using the Quick Parts feature of Word to link with matching column names in the Sharepoint document library. It takes some work to set it up, but once it is together it runs great!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have looked at this but I had difficulties in right to achieve what I needed. This has only showed me how to make a SharePoint library on PowerApps.

What I want to achieve is that:

At the end of the screen a pdf button is seen. upon clicking this button a pfd document or even a word document - which has been created by them by the merging of the fields of PowerPoint and word - will be presented/available for download or even downloads straight away to the user that has created this file.

tiemo_123_0-1628586751495.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,300)