cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPolyanskiy

A few stupid questions about Power Automate workflow licensing

Dear colleagues,

please let me ask for your help and find answers to the following three questions on the topic of using Power Automate services in SharePoint Online environment:
a) what are the license restrictions of Microsofot Power Automate for the following Power Automate services usage scenario: ~ 5 - 8 threads - standard templates used either unchanged or with minimal changes (leveraging connections only in Microsoft 365) - for Business Standard and Business Basic licenses;
b) is it mandatory to assign Power Automate licenses to guest users from other Microsoft 365 organizations for their use of standard/template processes in the SharePoint 365 portal? and for guest users who do not use Microsoft 365 services? would this be paid or free?
c) do I understand correctly that as part of the Business Standard and Business Basic subscriptions, Microsoft provides Power Automate services under a Plan 1 license?

Thank you a lot in advance,
Denis Polyanskiy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

a) The following site covers all the limits for the different licenses in Power Automate.  Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs  Microsoft 365 plans are in the Low performance profile.

b) Guest users must have a Power Automate license, but it can be either a license assigned from your tenant or their own.  So guest users from other organizations who have a license won't need one from your tenant.  Guest users with no license will.

c) Yes, the Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Business Basic include the equivalent of Power Automate plan 1.  You can find this documented in Appendix B of the licensing guide. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

a) The following site covers all the limits for the different licenses in Power Automate.  Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs  Microsoft 365 plans are in the Low performance profile.

b) Guest users must have a Power Automate license, but it can be either a license assigned from your tenant or their own.  So guest users from other organizations who have a license won't need one from your tenant.  Guest users with no license will.

c) Yes, the Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Business Basic include the equivalent of Power Automate plan 1.  You can find this documented in Appendix B of the licensing guide. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Dear Pstork1, let me thank you a lot and a lot for your brilliant and clear answer! It's a comprehensive answer for all of these questions - so, let me thank you a lot and a lot! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,686)