cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOUROPS
Frequent Visitor

A field works fine in a new mode but in the edit mode there is no value

I have an app connected to 2 SharePoint lists I have a drop down control that filters values from the second list with this code Filter('Staff Tasks', Status.Value = "Pending", User.Email = varUser.Email) the code works fine when we are in the new form, lets say we want to edit the item to change the value, i have put the same code inside, my issues are in the edit mode it doesn't show the already selected value and when you click on it, it open the drop down list empty without any data but the length of the list open it shows as if its filtering correctly but without values can anyone help me its really important

NOUROPS_0-1593796356477.pngNOUROPS_1-1593796385650.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

I hope I can help! 

It looks like you need to try changing some of the values in the screenshot below, make sure you've selected you're Drop down, then click on edit right where it says "Fields". If that doesn't work let me know and I'd love to keep helping! Also, what is your formula for the default or default selected items property of your drop down? 

BenFetters_0-1593797395703.png

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
Power Apps/Power Automate Developer
www.sovereignsp.com

View solution in original post

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @NOUROPS ,

try this:

Filter('Staff Tasks', Status.Value = "Pending" And User.Email = varUser.Email).Title

Because Filter gets the table we need to provide which column we want to populate as part of the dropdown.

Note: change column name from Title to required.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

5 REPLIES 5
BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

I hope I can help! 

It looks like you need to try changing some of the values in the screenshot below, make sure you've selected you're Drop down, then click on edit right where it says "Fields". If that doesn't work let me know and I'd love to keep helping! Also, what is your formula for the default or default selected items property of your drop down? 

BenFetters_0-1593797395703.png

If this solved the problem for you, feel free to hit "Accept as Solution" so others can find the answer easier. 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
www.sovereignsp.com

Thanks a lot you saved me it works fine this a custom card and I have changed the value to the field I want from the second list and its  working properly, thanks again

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @NOUROPS ,

try this:

Filter('Staff Tasks', Status.Value = "Pending" And User.Email = varUser.Email).Title

Because Filter gets the table we need to provide which column we want to populate as part of the dropdown.

Note: change column name from Title to required.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @NOUROPS ,

I saw you liked my reply, if you see  that is a solution for your issue! please feel free to mark it as a solution so the new members of the community will make use of it.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV
BenFetters
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Kind regards,

Ben Fetters
www.sovereignsp.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,157)