cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rthorn
Frequent Visitor

A little collection help

I have a gallery and inside of the gallery I have a text input that I would like to collect the data on with a button. I also want the collection to look at the data source of the gallery and pull the "locationID" for that item. I have gotten it to work in the gallery with the OnChange property with code that looks like this:

Collect(Orders, ThisItem.Location, {Quantity: Text_4inch.Text} )

but it's not updating the Quantity field with the data from the 'Text_4inch' box. 

Also if possible I would like to update that same data from the "text_4inch" at the datasource with the numbers. I am thinking a Patch does that but with the 'Text_4inch' being inside of a gallery I am not quite sure how it is going to work with the button.

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Is your collection expecting a number value for Quantity or a text value. If it is expecting a number value it would explain the issue and in that case you would just wrap Text_4inch.Text in a value function.

Example:

Value(Text_4inch.Text)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,608)