cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

A person type field in SP list now has the advanced property Value1 and Value2 which i can choose

A person type field in SP list now has the advanced property Value1 and Value2 which i can  choose to set as Display name, Email,Claims, Department, Subtitle, Value, SubValue, Picture.  For example my DatacardValue14 is the person type field.

If i need to use the email Value as the parameter to a FLOW to run  (flow supposed to send an email based on the button clicked in powerApps that requires approval from approver),  how do i specify in the  FLOW.Run(Datacardvalue14)  , where the DatacardValue14  was an input  selected from loaded values from our organization's AD.

There is an error that says  expecting text value .  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your DataCardValue14 is the field which is conencted to SharePoint Person field you can access all its values by using .Selected and then specifying which property you want to read.

For example:

Datacardvalue14.Selected.DisplayName
Datacardvalue14.Selected.Email

So if your flow requires email address of selected person to run do the following:

FLOW.Run(Datacardvalue14.Selected.Email)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JenVitug
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I can do the email part using When Item is created or changed  SharePoint Trigger and use the Dynamic content as well, but what if i wanted to send the email address of the personType field as Flow parameter instead ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your DataCardValue14 is the field which is conencted to SharePoint Person field you can access all its values by using .Selected and then specifying which property you want to read.

For example:

Datacardvalue14.Selected.DisplayName
Datacardvalue14.Selected.Email

So if your flow requires email address of selected person to run do the following:

FLOW.Run(Datacardvalue14.Selected.Email)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (68,000)