cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiansal
Helper V
Helper V

A question

I have found this forum to be incredibly helpful and I was wondering what is the motivation for all of you to jump on my questions?

I have yet to encounter anyone who has chased me away. I asked this because there might be a strategy here for educators to engage with disengaged students. So why is everyone so polite, helpful...so Canadian?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal 

Didn't you know...we're all in Canada!  LOL 🤣😂

But seriously, this forum is very helpful for many.  Speaking for myself, I am quite passionate about PowerApps and the PowerPlatform (for so many reasons), and I want to see it flourish.  I want to see more people using it and properly.  The more that do, the more traction it gets and the more longevity it has.  I've jumped into too many other technologies in the past that were great but there was never enough traction and they eventually fell away.  I don't want to see that happen for the PowerPlatform.

I also recommend this forum to many people that are learning, not just to see what is being provided for solutions, but to actually engage and try to solve the problems.  Even if they don't post their solution, they will learn much along the way.

Happy PowerApping!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

😁

Forums like this work, because we have all experienced problems and challenges at some point or another and have had someone willing to give us their time and knowledge to help us solve it.

In that spirit, then we respond to others when we have knowledge that can help them.   Also for me another part of this is that I learn something new almost every time I help someone else.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks - are there other rewards from helping here? I see badges - are they a factor?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal 

Didn't you know...we're all in Canada!  LOL 🤣😂

But seriously, this forum is very helpful for many.  Speaking for myself, I am quite passionate about PowerApps and the PowerPlatform (for so many reasons), and I want to see it flourish.  I want to see more people using it and properly.  The more that do, the more traction it gets and the more longevity it has.  I've jumped into too many other technologies in the past that were great but there was never enough traction and they eventually fell away.  I don't want to see that happen for the PowerPlatform.

I also recommend this forum to many people that are learning, not just to see what is being provided for solutions, but to actually engage and try to solve the problems.  Even if they don't post their solution, they will learn much along the way.

Happy PowerApping!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

You can earn badges for posting questions, answering questions, kudoing posts and other things.   I think it helps some.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

@Canadiansal , interesting post this! I would second all that @JR-BejeweledOne said. I started off my Power Apps journey here and it had to do with both - helping others but also learning at the same time. There's no way you can encounter all the possible issues yourself so this allows me (and I am sure everyone of us who loves to be here) to challenge myself with new problems and in the process help others. 

The badges are for bragging rights, for most parts. You can read about them here and about different ranks here. Also, there is the Super User program which has lots of benefits. You can read about the program here.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,742)