cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiguypaul
Helper I
Helper I

AD Users Missing from Users Table When Creating Lookup Field

I'm building a model app. I created a field called Manager that is a lookup to the Users table. However, not all of my users in AD are in the Users table.

What is the best way to create a lookup field so users can select from the entire Azure AD of users?

5 REPLIES 5
anupam8555
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @chiguypaul ,

You need to assign a temporary Dynamics CRM license to users in Office 365 admin portal and than once users are synchronized in dynamics CRM in User entity than you can remove license to users. I don't think without assigning proper license you would be able to achieve using standard feature.  

Let me know if it works for you.  

There has to be a better way. In SharePoint you can have a person lookup field that leverages the AD directory. There must be something like that in Power Apps. BTW...I'm not using CRM. I'm building a model app on Dataverse.

anupam8555
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @chiguypaul ,

I dont think there is direct way to have a kind of person lookup field as sharepoint in Dataverse. Here is supported types of fields you can create. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/types-of-fields

As per my opinion , you would need to do some customization to achieve that. You can create a custom entity and create its lookup field on user entity. By using powerAutomate you can add/update records depending on your requirements. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Anupam

(Please like/resolve if it helps you)

When I open the Users table in my environment I see a number of people in our Azure AD that have never used a model app, canvas app or Dynamics. Does not make sense to me how some users are in the list while others aren't. 

tchristy99
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue. Did you find a work around @chiguypaul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,678)