cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiguypaul
Frequent Visitor

AD Users Missing from Users Table When Creating Lookup Field

I'm building a model app. I created a field called Manager that is a lookup to the Users table. However, not all of my users in AD are in the Users table.

What is the best way to create a lookup field so users can select from the entire Azure AD of users?

5 REPLIES 5
anupam8555
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @chiguypaul ,

You need to assign a temporary Dynamics CRM license to users in Office 365 admin portal and than once users are synchronized in dynamics CRM in User entity than you can remove license to users. I don't think without assigning proper license you would be able to achieve using standard feature.  

Let me know if it works for you.  

There has to be a better way. In SharePoint you can have a person lookup field that leverages the AD directory. There must be something like that in Power Apps. BTW...I'm not using CRM. I'm building a model app on Dataverse.

anupam8555
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @chiguypaul ,

I dont think there is direct way to have a kind of person lookup field as sharepoint in Dataverse. Here is supported types of fields you can create. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/types-of-fields

As per my opinion , you would need to do some customization to achieve that. You can create a custom entity and create its lookup field on user entity. By using powerAutomate you can add/update records depending on your requirements. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Anupam

(Please like/resolve if it helps you)

When I open the Users table in my environment I see a number of people in our Azure AD that have never used a model app, canvas app or Dynamics. Does not make sense to me how some users are in the list while others aren't. 

tchristy99
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue. Did you find a work around @chiguypaul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,383)