cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeAnderson
Frequent Visitor

ADO Connection won't connect

I have an app where I collect some text inputs and I want to then write to a specific ADO ticket. 

The text input collection is easy, but when I add ADO as a connector it would crash my app, but then randomly worked a couple days ago. 

Now that it connects, I can't select it as a data source. 

Is there any clear documentation as to how exactly I should connect to ADO? 

And how can I consistantly connect to ADO? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JakeAnderson ,

Do you want to select "Azure DevOps" connector as data source directly within a Gallery or a Data Table control in your app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the data source type in PowerApps. There are two data source types in PowerApps -- Table data source (e.g. SP List, Excel table, SQL Table, etc) and Action data source (Office 365 Users, Azure, Office Outlook, etc).

More details about data source types in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections-list

Actually, the "Azure DevOps" connector is a Action data source in PowerApps, you could not use it as data source directly within Items property or DataSource property of a control. Instead, you need to call/execute the corresponding actions to retrieve data as below:1.JPG

AzureDevOps.ListWorkItems(...)
AzureDevOps.ListIterations(...)
AzureDevOps.ListWorkItemTypes(...)

More details about avaiable actions supported under Azure DevOps connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/#actions

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JakeAnderson ,

Could you please share a bit more about the ADO that you mentioned?

I could not find the ADO connector in PowerApps,please share more details about the ADO connection that you mentioned.

If you provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-xida-msft 

The connector I am using is this one (attached image)

Essentially what I am doing is a tool for MSFT FTE's to reference ADO tickets, and update those tickets with the values of a series of text inputs I run them through. 

Hi @JakeAnderson ,

Do you want to select "Azure DevOps" connector as data source directly within a Gallery or a Data Table control in your app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the data source type in PowerApps. There are two data source types in PowerApps -- Table data source (e.g. SP List, Excel table, SQL Table, etc) and Action data source (Office 365 Users, Azure, Office Outlook, etc).

More details about data source types in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections-list

Actually, the "Azure DevOps" connector is a Action data source in PowerApps, you could not use it as data source directly within Items property or DataSource property of a control. Instead, you need to call/execute the corresponding actions to retrieve data as below:1.JPG

AzureDevOps.ListWorkItems(...)
AzureDevOps.ListIterations(...)
AzureDevOps.ListWorkItemTypes(...)

More details about avaiable actions supported under Azure DevOps connector, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/#actions

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Thanks @v-xida-msft this is suuuuper helpful!!

I'll give this a shot and see if it does what I hope it does. 

Thanks so much for the detailed response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,939)