cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

AI builder Binary classification predicting only No/False

I am exploring AI builder with Binary Classification Model and I have a simple set of data that I used to train the model. The performance score is at 85%.

In my CDS entity when I enter a new record, no matter what I put in, the AI builder is always predicting False/No. Even when I make sure to enter all the values which should make the AI builder predict the outcome as True, it is always coming up as False

Any pointers as to what I might be missing?

Also, I don’t see any data being filled in Prediction% and prediction explanation fields. How do I make the AI builder to fill these out automatically?

Appreciate your help on this. Thank you!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: AI builder Binary classification predicting only No/False

Hi @suvidhabs,

Below is a screenshot of my Flow step for creating a new record.  This works fine for me.  I hope it works for you too.

Two fields need to be set to NULL using the null expression

• The output field that AI Builder is predicting (aib_revenue - predicted)
  • The input field that AI has been trained to predict (Revenue (Label))

Annotation 2019-08-08 093116.png

Annotation 2019-08-08 092517.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks @HSheild.

Now my new record got saved with blank/null value! Now I'll wait for AI builder to do its magic 🙂

Do you know when and how these fields get updated? Can this be scheduled?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Awesome @suvidhabs 

According to this other discussion thread AI Builder runs the Binary Classification every 24hrs from the time you published your model.  You can also just re-publish the model to get it to run on demand.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/AI-Builder-Binary-Classification-results-for-...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @suvidhabs ,

I assume that you are entering a new record via a Model-Driven app?  By default, Model-Driven apps set the Two Option field types to have a value of False.  Even if you don't enter anything into that field when you create the record.

AI Builder will not try and predict an outcome or put data in the Prediction% and prediction explanation fields if the field it is trying to predict is populated.

To get around this, I have created a Microsoft Flow to insert new records and set the field you want to predict to  NULL.  This will make sure the field does not have a value and then wait 24hrs and AI Builder will then populate the Prediction% and prediction explanation fields.

I hope that makes sense.  I am in the process of putting together a video on this and will post next week hopefully.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks HSheild. I have been trying to add a new record directly in CDS entity (by opening it in Excel). I will try using a Flow today. Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @HSheild ,

I created a Flow and made sure it inserts blank value in my Prediction field. however, when I create a new record using this flow, it's still defaulting my Prediction field to False/No automatically. Is there other way to keep this field as Null?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @suvidhabs,

Below is a screenshot of my Flow step for creating a new record.  This works fine for me.  I hope it works for you too.

Two fields need to be set to NULL using the null expression

• The output field that AI Builder is predicting (aib_revenue - predicted)
  • The input field that AI has been trained to predict (Revenue (Label))

Annotation 2019-08-08 093116.png

Annotation 2019-08-08 092517.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks @HSheild.

Now my new record got saved with blank/null value! Now I'll wait for AI builder to do its magic 🙂

Do you know when and how these fields get updated? Can this be scheduled?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Awesome @suvidhabs 

According to this other discussion thread AI Builder runs the Binary Classification every 24hrs from the time you published your model.  You can also just re-publish the model to get it to run on demand.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/AI-Builder-Binary-Classification-results-for-...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,775)