cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmq_512
Frequent Visitor

API Limit for SharePoint

I have a question regarding API limit. Our O365 license comes with PowerApps and based on the article below, the limit is 2,000. I would like to know if that 2,000 is for the enterprise/whole company or is it 2,000 x # of 0365 licenses (with PowerApps). Please advise. Thank you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The O365 Power Apps license will provide each of the 8 users with 2k API requests per day. The API requests don't get summed up. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

It is 2k api requests per user/per day for each licensed user. There is no pooling or carry over of API requests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

So if we have 100 users with E1 license, that would be 100 licenses x 2,000 limit = 200,000? It is not based on the app developers' license but also includes license of the app users as well, right? Does the attached file has something to do with the limit - it says it's shared capacity across all PowerApps usage)?

Thank you, Jeff.

That means each user can use up to 2k api requests per day. You can't pool them together.

So if I have 5 app developers and 3 app users (both with licenses), all 8 of them have 2k limit each, regardless if they develop or if they use the app (it will not be sum up for all the users). I just want to make sure I understand correctly as I heard something different.

Thank you for your patience.PowerApps.PNG

The O365 Power Apps license will provide each of the 8 users with 2k API requests per day. The API requests don't get summed up. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,369)