cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWS Cognito as IDP for Power Apps Canvas App with SharePoint?

Hi everyone,

I read this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/external-identities/direct-federation but I'm not sure if this is going to work to allow users to use a canvas app connected to SharePoint, does anyone has any experience regarding this matter??

Thank you a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Hola @Anonymous 

I didn't read the whole article, but if I understand it correctly a separated user-object doesn't need to be present on your AAD, as long as its present on the federated AAD. 

As long as you can assign a Power Apps license to a user-object you're save. If you can't do that for some reason (for example because you can't assign licenses to users that are NOT present in your AAD(?)), I would say that those  users can't use Power Apps. 

However, if the AAD is federated and the federated guest has a Power Apps license on his own tenant, perhaps there is a chance...

Saludos,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FabianAckeret thanks for your response!

This is a confusing subject for me, I will ask If they have/can have Power Apps Licenses, because we are planning to create a canvas app and if they don't authenticate against AD I dont want to encounter any issues,

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,243)