cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Ability to create Buttons in Component Library to have OnSelect behavior as a custom property that's not just for navigation

I'm creating a Power App Component Library for our company-branded look and feel. The buttons that we use are somewhat complicated in terms of formatting (radius, basic color, text, hover color, disabled color, etc.). I was hoping that I could create a Component Button that would contain all the formatting plus Input properties for button text AND behavior for OnSelect.

All I seem able to do is use Navigate > Screen or Back() function. Most of the buttons I use in Apps are not for navigation, but instead are for actions like submitting a form, patching a SharePoint list item, and sending an email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Ability to create Buttons in Component Library to have OnSelect behavior as a custom property that's not just for navigation

Hi there

the custom properties can be used if you wish to go this way. here is an example for a component that sends email

the button has three properties, send to, subject header and the email body.

rubin_boer_0-1600631218623.png

the onselect event for the button in the component

rubin_boer_2-1600631617103.png

On the screen the properties can be referenced like with any control

rubin_boer_1-1600631489360.png

I would have gone with a theme screen and store all my buttons within the theme etc like this. not the most elegant but it works.

rubin_boer_0-1600632197227.png

hope it can be useful for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Ability to create Buttons in Component Library to have OnSelect behavior as a custom property that's not just for navigation

Hi there

the custom properties can be used if you wish to go this way. here is an example for a component that sends email

the button has three properties, send to, subject header and the email body.

rubin_boer_0-1600631218623.png

the onselect event for the button in the component

rubin_boer_2-1600631617103.png

On the screen the properties can be referenced like with any control

rubin_boer_1-1600631489360.png

I would have gone with a theme screen and store all my buttons within the theme etc like this. not the most elegant but it works.

rubin_boer_0-1600632197227.png

hope it can be useful for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks! I will try this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,330)