cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ability to patch null values, any update?

Hello PowerApps programme team.

Is there any update as to when we will be able to patch null or blank values to a data source?

Currently it is not possible to set a numeric field value in a data source to null from PowerApps.

Many thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Meneghino,

Apologize for the current situation.

I saw your several follow-up posts asking this, could you please share some more scenarios for the usage of the Null value under the comments part of the following idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Function-to-produce-blank-value/idi-p/14353

This should be helpful.

I have forwarded this from my side, if any helpful information I received, I will let you know.

Thank you for you contributions and great work for Powerusers forums.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is pleasure to contribute to the PowerApps effort, we badly need an evolution of Access Web Apps and Infopath for power users.

By caching even large tables locally I have managed to make PowerApps go at lightning speed after loading, my users love it.

Keep up the good work.

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Is there any update on this?  This is a real stumbling block as there is no work-around possible.

Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi

We are also encountering similar problems - For people picker values, choice boxes etc. 

I am not sure why this is marked as solved. I am unable to view the solution..Are functions like "Blank(), Clear()" to post null values available...

thanks

Hi @Meneghino & @siva,

I recently got a response saying that there would be a function blank() shipped in future releases, which simply returns Null value, and that should solve this.

There is no ETA or publish date shared. 

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Advocate II
Advocate II

Nevermind, that didn't work 😛

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Is there any update on this?
Many thanks.

Hi @Meneghino,

Please check the following article:

Blank, IsBlank and IsEmpty functions in PowerApps

Blank

NOTE: At this time, the following example only works for local collections. We know that many data sources support blank (NULL) values and We are working to lift this limitation.

Regards,

Michael

Hi @v-micsh-msft, thanks for the information.

Unfortunately no mention of this new function is made anywhere in the release notes for v. 2.0.630

I look forward to the ability to patch null values to Azure SQL Database, any input as to when this might be possible would be very welcome.

This is the only remaining action that I really need, and that I have no simple work-around for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,500)