cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ability to patch null values, any update?

Hello PowerApps programme team.

Is there any update as to when we will be able to patch null or blank values to a data source?

Currently it is not possible to set a numeric field value in a data source to null from PowerApps.

Many thanks.

30 REPLIES 30

Hi @tianaranjo

Have you followed the instructions here?

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-feature-error-handling-and-writing-null-values-to-dat...

Specifically you need to Patch a Blank() and also turn on error handling.  It works with Azure SQL Database but I have not tested with SharePoint lists.

tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Meneghino  Thanks for your reply. I have tried following the instructions from this link with no luck.  Would you mind sending me an example of your Patch formula?

With Azure SQL Database this works:

Patch('[dbo.mytable]', {ID: 123}, {MyColumn:Blank()})

Where 123 is just a record where MyColumn is currently not null.  The patch makes MyColumn's value null for record with ID 123.

ID is just an int column of mytable which is also the primary key

tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Meneghino  As always; thanks!  One more question, what if the column is not blank because the Status is Closed.  How do I Patch the date for the same column?

tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Meneghino  No luck with this one.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

tianaranjo
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hoping to raise this again - has anybody patched a Blank() date back to a SP list after a date had previously been submitted?  I have an 'In Progress' and 'Closed Status column.  If Closed, a Date Closed is submitted.  However, the issue could be re-opened if customer not satisfied with action.  When I switch back to 'In Progress' status, I can make the DateClosed column 'appear' blank, however, OnSubmit, it is storing the initial DateClosed date.  

@Meneghino

@lesaltzm

hello @tianaranjo Tried with SQL... doesn't worked at all but I use datevar=0.... it works

Kind regards

Have you found a solution for this ? I am trying to Patch people picker field but it is throwing error when field doesnt have value .  

Thanks in advance .

Hi, @Yemata

I try to do this Blank() function like this

Patch(SQL, LookUp(SQL, ID = Value), { Approved_Date: Blank() } );

So .. this is not work. I have no idea for this thing

I used Submit form instead of patch . It worked fine. 

One my button OnSelect 

SubmitForm(FormRequest);
Navigate( FormSubmited, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,936)