cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Access App/Database to PowerApps

So i work in a forestry nursery and we have a very broad Access application that manages production, stock control, dispatch, sales ordering and records of payments to contractors, as well as some other things it probably does that i'm not even aware of. Our IT department in the wider company will no longer support Access and as a result we are looking at upgrading our system to a new platform. I have created a number of Apps in the past using PowerApps and really understand how big of a task it would be to build a system for the nursery from scratch. Does anyone know of or has anyone even heard of some sort of migration tool that would help take some of the bulk of the workload away from the massive task that this could turn into? 

surely like how you can have a quick App generated from data there might be a way to have an App generated from an existing Microsoft application just on a different platform?

Any and all ideas welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Access App/Database to PowerApps

Hi @ronanf16 ,

Do you want to upgrade Access application to powerapps?

I'm afraid it's not supported currently.

You could connect your data source with powerapps app, but you need to customize app by yourself.

Or you could also generate app based on your data source. But all the desigination should be in PowerApps, not from other platforms.

I suggest you express your views about upgrading application from other platforms on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

What's more, access is not supported to be data source as powerapps app.

Here's a doc about all the connectors that powerapps supports for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ronanf16 ,

Do you want to upgrade Access application to powerapps?

I'm afraid it's not supported currently.

You could connect your data source with powerapps app, but you need to customize app by yourself.

Or you could also generate app based on your data source. But all the desigination should be in PowerApps, not from other platforms.

I suggest you express your views about upgrading application from other platforms on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

What's more, access is not supported to be data source as powerapps app.

Here's a doc about all the connectors that powerapps supports for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ronanf16 ,

Phoebe is correct that you can't connect to the Access database files directly but I found a workaround to use SharePoint as a an intermediary and PowerApps as a front end.  I could then connect the SharePoint lists to desktop Access to produce the reports.  It sounds complicated but isn't really. Take a look at How-to-connect-PowerApps-with-local-MS-Access-2016-database- 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,634)