cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustInTime07
Regular Visitor

Access PDFs in a Azure File Share Container

Hi,

I've previously used blob storage as a way of accessing PDFs and it works great, thanks @Shanescows! Now I have a new use case that I was hoping someone could help me out with. I have an Azure File Sync set up to allow on-premise PDF's to be accessible in the cloud via Azure File Share.

Now I need to access the PDFs in Power Apps via PDF Viewer control. My problem is that I cannot find a way to bring in the Azure File Share contents the same way I can with the Azure Blob Storage Connector. The Azure File Storage Connector in Power Apps only seems to work with connecting to Excel Data.

From my research, there is no way currently to sync a blob container to a file share, otherwise I would have just done this (which seems redundant but I'm willing to try anything).

I also was hoping I could just create a custom connector to achieve this but I have no clue how to do that.

Another idea I had was to create a directory of the file share contents and pass that into a combobox. Then use the combobox selection to point to the PDF URL which I would then show in the PDF Viewer. This sounds a little messy so before I started trying to build it out, I wanted to post my question here.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
RaashiSen
Community Support
Community Support

hello @JustInTime07 ,

this seems to be a design limitation. It may be doable but we can check this via an Advisory case

@RaashiSen is an Advisory case something I need to submit on my end?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,280)