Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luka84
Advocate III
Advocate III

Access SharePoint Document Library Folder Contents in PowerApps

Good day,

I hope everyone is well and safe with your families and loved ones!

Need some advice please, been going at this thing for 24 hours now without any success

Basically, I'm building a Digital Archive on a SharePoint Library and using PowerApps as an interface (To support staff working from home); in details I have a SharePoint Document Library (7,000 Folders and about 18,000 files) in a Gallery in PowerApps, showing only folder names without contents.

What I want to achieve is the following:

When I click on a folder, I would like to see it's contents (Can't use 'Folder Path' or anything else due to Delegation issues).

I thought the best way is to fetch the folder contents from SharePoint using Flow, and saving them to a gallery - but I don't have any experience with JSON and have no idea how to do this correctly.

I don't know whether to use "GET FILES" or "LIST FOLDER" or "SEND AN HTTP REQUEST" - honestly they all confuse me lol

Below is the full Process I would like to Implement - for reference:

- Create a new folder in a SharePoint Library from Powerapps (DONE)

- Add Folder/File properties from Powerapps (DONE)

- Attach new files to SharePoint Library from PowerApps (IN PROGRESS)

- See all the Document Library Folders (DONE)

- Access the folder contents once a user select a folder (All the files listed within the selected folder) (STUCK HERE)

- Display all the columns that describe the file in the SharePoint Document Library (I suppose it's called File Properties or Metadata) (STUCK HERE)

- Be able to update the File Columns/Properties when needed (Such as change the status) (I THINK I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS)

I've read over 50 articles and support tickets but still struggling with this thing

Thanks in advance - any help will be truly appreciated

20 REPLIES 20
DavidBP
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I want to list in my gallery the files of a site of Teams, but its dinamic because i had a list of groups ans chanels and i want to see the list of files depending the channel selected.

I created a Flow like you explain and the result is correct but i don't know how to give back the information to the power app gallery.

Please, can you help me? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,478)