Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Access Sharepoint list view in Powerapps

Hi 

I encountered some delegation warning when I used "Filter" on Sharepoint List. So I created a Sharepoint view on the list. May I know is there a way to access the Sharepoint view from PowerApps?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Access Sharepoint list view in Powerapps

Hi @sbgoh ,

According to the issue that you mentioned, actually, it is an known issue with CombBox. When you bind your ComboBox to a data source directly or a Filter function, and enable the "Allow Searching" option, the Delegation warning issue would show up.

I agree with your thought almost. If you have faced a Delegation issue within your ComboBox, you could only retrieve first 2000 records from your SP List, even though, the Filter function is delegable (could only retrieve first 2000 records of the filtered result).

As an alternative solution, you could consider disable the "Allow Searching" option for your ComboBox. Then add a Text Input box above the ComboBox to act as Search box. Then you could filter the result in your ComboBox based on the typed search key:

1.JPG

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no other control providing the "Search" functionality except the ComboBox. As another solution, you could consider achieve your needs using a Gallery and a Text Input box (acted as "Text Search Box"):
2.JPG

If you still want to use ComboBox to achieve your needs, you could consider load your SP List records into a collection in your canvas app, then use the collection as data source in your ComboBox. Please check and see if the following thread solution I provided could help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-get-combobox-to-show-all-the-results-...

Also please check and see if the following video resource could also help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0zCyu__20

Note: Above solution may cause performance issue in your canvas app, because, passing data from Power Automate flow to canvas app would consume a lot of CPU resources, memory, and network bandwidth.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbgoh ,

I agree with your thought. If I come up with a better solution, I would let you know here. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Please can you give the formula you used that gave the delegation warning. This will help if there is a workaround for it. Also how many rows are in the list.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

The number of rows will keep increasing and it will be more than 2000. I think the problem is with the Search part.

My combobox items = ListName. There is no formula. I even tried to add my data into collection but it is not working too.

Any advise?

sbgoh_0-1594541162151.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Edited

Follow this Post to create a collection.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-can-i-manage-to-filter-more-than-2000-re...

Then use the Collection on the Combobox

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, I did not use filter. Once I set IsSearchable = true, this warning appears and I can't find all my records.

sbgoh_1-1594542026264.png

sbgoh_0-1594541987763.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I edited my earlier post

First increase the delegation limit to 2000. At File.. Advance Setting.

Then create a collection using my earlier reference post. Note the list should have an ID number field with increment numbers like 1,2,3,4

------------

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, what happen if my number of records is 3000? Will it still works?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Onvisible of the screen;

Concurrent(

ClearCollect(CollectionA,Filter(NameofTable,ID<2000)),
ClearCollect(CollectionB,Filter(NameofTable,ID >=2000 And ID<3000)));

ClearCollect (CombinedTable,CollectionA,

CollectionB)

Then use CombinedTable on the Combobox

------------

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

This solution will be difficult for me as I don't know how big will my list grow and I need to keep creating new collection.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

The first was over 12000, you said you want only 3000. Why don't you Use the first solution I gave, as your data grows it will still work whether 3000 or 5000.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,969)