Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Access Sharepoint list view in Powerapps

Hi @sbgoh ,

Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above? Is it helpful?

Please consider take a try with the solution I provided above, check if it is helpful in your scenario. More details about Delegation tips in SP List data source, please check the following blog:

https://rezadorrani.com/index.php/2019/09/18/powerapps-delegation-with-sharepoint-as-a-data-source-w...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Kris,

The textbox is working but the problem is I have more than one such dropdown list and each dropdown list I need a textbox so make the UI not very nice and look cramped.

Thank you everyone for active response. I went through many posts in this forum related to this problem but have not found a good solution to this problem yet.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbgoh ,

Have you taken a try with the 'Power Automate' flow to achieve your needs?

According to the needs that you mentioned, please consider take a try with the 'Power Automate' flow solution I mentioned above. You could fire a flow from your canvas app, and then do the "Operations" in your flow, and then return retrieved results from your flow back to your app.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-get-combobox-to-show-all-the-results-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0zCyu__20

Fire a flow from PowerApps app

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I haven't try as recently my Power Automate is down so pending for Microsoft to fix it. 

Someone did data loss prevention policy changes and now it prevent the flows to run. 😞

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbgoh ,

Ok. Based on the 'Power Automate' flow solution, I have made a test on my side, just like the thread solution I provided above, it could retrieve the desired records from SP List from Power Automate flow back to canvas app without Delegation limits (I have retrieved 20000 records from Power Automate flow back to your canvas app successfully).

According to the Delegation issue that you mentioned, I have provided all possible solutions for it. I have not come up with a better solution for this issue.

As an another possible solution (which I do not recommend), you could consider change your SP list data source into CDS Entity, then you may get rid of this Delegation warning issue.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Initially, I am using CDS but as we are in pilot and due to cost constraint I have to use Sharepoint instead. So if the apps is accepted by many users maybe we will migrate to a better data source.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sbgoh ,

I agree with your thought. If I come up with a better solution, I would let you know here. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,398)