cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahlgebra
Helper II
Helper II

Access to a SP-list, but only through Power App.

Hi, 

My Power App is based on a SP list.  Every user needs access to that list in order to write data and read data. However, the app is only displaying data that the user has written. It should not display any other data. Is it possible to modify the permission for the SP-list so the user only can get access within the App? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

First, Power Apps is not a security layer, so there is no way to have different security in the Power App than what the users have in the SharePoint list.  Nor is there a way to force users to use a standalone Power App in place of the regular list.  

Having said that, there are settings in the list that will restrict users to only see items that they created or you can modify the permissions on each list item.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @dahlgebra ,

There must be another setting somewhere that is doing this as this is not the normal behavior.

I am assuming there is a gallery (list of records) on the first screen - what is the Items property of this gallery?

eka24
Super User
Super User

If you are refering to access in powerapps, then you can filter:
Filter(TableName,Email=User().User)

or

Filter(TableName,FullNmeColumn=User().FullName)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

First, Power Apps is not a security layer, so there is no way to have different security in the Power App than what the users have in the SharePoint list.  Nor is there a way to force users to use a standalone Power App in place of the regular list.  

Having said that, there are settings in the list that will restrict users to only see items that they created or you can modify the permissions on each list item.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,049)