cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to any segment in the catalog

Hey,

I have a, hopefully simple, question.

Im just getting into Power Apps, so im not that familiar with the program.

Im trying to make something like an inventory list. So i'd like to add a different picture to every segment.

But unfortunately im not able to get access to the 2nd, 3rd... picture. 

And if i change the picture in the first segment, then every other picture is changed too.

Also im trying to figure out how its possible to change the color of something when the title gets changed.

So "Verfügbar", which means available, should be displayed in green and "Nicht vorhanden", which means not available should be displayed in red.

Sorry if its a "stupid" question, but as i said - im kinda new to this.

Greetings

Rene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver II
Resolver II

(I had to edit the post because I kept getting errors about HTML with my original post)

For the image question: I've successfully done this by creating a list on SharePoint with two columns (Title, and ImageURL), here's how I did that:

• Make a SharePoint list with one column containing all the possible values in your gallery (i.e. types of items) and one column (text) to hold the image's URL
  • Upload your images to a hosting site (if your users are all using SharePoint, upload the images to a library where all users can view them)
  • In the ImageURL column in the list we created, copy/paste the URL of each image for each list item
  • Connect the list to the app as a data source
  • In the gallery, select the image icon and update its Image property to LookUp(SharePointListWeCreated, Title=ThisItem.Title, ImageURLColumn)
    • This will look up the image URL from that list and use the appropriate image for each item

For the color question: Select the top item in the gallery and set the Fill property of the item to something like this:
Switch(ThisItem.Title, 
"Verfügbar", RGBA(152, 208, 70, 1),
""Nicht vorhanden"", RGBA(255, 0, 0, 1))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver II
Resolver II

(I had to edit the post because I kept getting errors about HTML with my original post)

For the image question: I've successfully done this by creating a list on SharePoint with two columns (Title, and ImageURL), here's how I did that:

• Make a SharePoint list with one column containing all the possible values in your gallery (i.e. types of items) and one column (text) to hold the image's URL
  • Upload your images to a hosting site (if your users are all using SharePoint, upload the images to a library where all users can view them)
  • In the ImageURL column in the list we created, copy/paste the URL of each image for each list item
  • Connect the list to the app as a data source
  • In the gallery, select the image icon and update its Image property to LookUp(SharePointListWeCreated, Title=ThisItem.Title, ImageURLColumn)
    • This will look up the image URL from that list and use the appropriate image for each item

For the color question: Select the top item in the gallery and set the Fill property of the item to something like this:
Switch(ThisItem.Title, 
"Verfügbar", RGBA(152, 208, 70, 1),
""Nicht vorhanden"", RGBA(255, 0, 0, 1))

View solution in original post

Tried it and it works now!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,076)