cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxS3

Accessing Camera Plugged into USB-C Port on Phone

Hello,

I know it is possible to have a PowerApp access the default camera on a cell phone - but has anyone had success with using a PowerApp on iOS or Android and being able to access a camera that is plugged into the USB-C port?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

The Camera control has an integer property (Camera, I think), which determines which of the device's cameras to use.

On a phone, this typically means 0 for rear and 1 for front. In theory, this other camera would be 2. Maybe try a simple app, with a Camera control and input to dynamically set the property while the app is running. You may be able to find that connected device.

I attempted dropping a "Media > Camera > Changed it to Camera 2" in the PowerApp - defaulted to camera function on phone

Also attempted a text input, and the camera number as a function of the text input - 0,1 = front camera, 2= rear camera, 3-10 = nothing.

I'm wondering if there is an opportunity to "stream" an image that is pulling data from USB? Don't know if that's even possible.

Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,579)