cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prachi_2911
Microsoft
Microsoft

Accessing Outlook mail on iPhone through an app in PowerApps.

Hi,

Can we access Outlook mail or any other exsiting apps in our mobile through a PowerApps app?

Say I wanna send a mail if I click on a button in Powerapps the outlook app should open with the "To" field filled,is that possible ?

Thanks,

Prachi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hpkeong's suggestion is correct: if you Launch with the mailto: scheme it should launch the default mail client for the computer / device where the program is running. You can also add more parameters, such as the mail subject:

Button.OnSelect = Launch("mailto:" & TextInputRecipient.Text & "&Subject=This is the e-mail subject")

However, there's currently a bug in the iOS player that this call is not launching the mail client. Today it will work on Windows and on the Web player (when running on Windows). The product team is investigating this bug to get it fixed for iOS. I don't know the status of the Android player, though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
murali
Power Apps
Power Apps

I believe the URL scheme for Outlook app is "ms-outlook"

Can you give the following a shot?

Button.OnSelect = "ms-outlook://compose?to=toaddress@email.com&subject=Subject"

Let us know if this works

Thanks for your reply but this doesn't seem to work, is there some other work around for this also is it possible to acess other mobile app through a PowerApp app?

Hi

You may try this:

Button.OnSelect = Launch("mailto:"&TextInput1.Text)

TextInput1.Text is where enter the desired email.

This will prompt email apps.

Not sure if this meets your need.

hpkeong

hpkeong's suggestion is correct: if you Launch with the mailto: scheme it should launch the default mail client for the computer / device where the program is running. You can also add more parameters, such as the mail subject:

Button.OnSelect = Launch("mailto:" & TextInputRecipient.Text & "&Subject=This is the e-mail subject")

However, there's currently a bug in the iOS player that this call is not launching the mail client. Today it will work on Windows and on the Web player (when running on Windows). The product team is investigating this bug to get it fixed for iOS. I don't know the status of the Android player, though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,579)