cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CuriousPAUser

Accessing the SelectedItems of a ComboBox-backed Custom Component

Hi, I believe I have found an issue with custom components. I was trying to build a component around a combo box (even a very basic component with one input, table, property for "items", and one output, table, property for "selected items") and ran into a rather strange problem. When I set up two of these components in a "chain" such that the second one gets its items from the first, the second one throws an error that says this is a circular reference. This issue did not occur when I tried the same scenario but with two plain combo boxes in place of the combo box components. Is there a way to achieve what I'm trying? We are using a library of custom components to more easily apply consistent styling, so we would like to avoid using bare ComboBoxes if possible.

CuriousPAUser_0-1624374998136.jpeg

CuriousPAUser_0-1624375297364.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
CuriousPAUser

I have also noticed another issue regarding ComboBox components. It seems that if you map an output property (in this case my own "SelectedItems") to the SelectedItems of the ComboBox, Intellisense never updates and instead always expects records that match the default Items you specify. Notice how in the screenshots, it shows the default member of SelectedItems, rather than updating to the new Items I pass in.

CuriousPAUser_0-1624376726709.png

CuriousPAUser_2-1624377788514.png

CuriousPAUser_4-1624378032848.png

CuriousPAUser_5-1624378097703.png

juanmarcadena

Hello @CuriousPAUser,

I am currently facing the same issue. Do you have any updates on this issue? Have you found any workarounds? I would love to hear what you did. 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,672)