cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Activate a button with a checkbox.

I would like to have a checkbox that when checked will make a button labled "Continue" will become active. But it will only be active when I click in the checkbox.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Activate a button with a checkbox.

Hi,

You should be able to make it by configuring the Button DisplayMode with the formula below:

If(Checkbox1.Value=true,Edit,Disabled)

Reference:

53.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You want to set the visible property of the button to be true if the checkbox is checked. Look at this video on PowerApps conditional formatting, it should help you with the concept. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

You should be able to make it by configuring the Button DisplayMode with the formula below:

If(Checkbox1.Value=true,Edit,Disabled)

Reference:

53.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Michael, you are awesome this works!

Highlighted

I have a similar situation as above, however the provided solution has not worked. I have a single checkbox (Checkbox1) duplicated for each of 76 listings.

I have been able to disable the Request Selected button (Button2) if (Checkbox1) is not selected (see image1).

If I select one or more listings, (Button2) is enabled and which is great (see image2).

The issue is that, when I dis-select one of the checkbox listings from image2, (Button2) goes back to disabled, even though other checkboxes are still selected which shouldn't happen.

Below is the DisplayMode formula I have for (Button2):

DisplayMode: If(And(Checkbox1.Value<>false), edit, disabled)

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How would you do this when 10 checkboxes need to be checked?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How would you do this if you only want 10 boxes selected and you have a large number of checkboxes?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How do you do this when you need to select 10 checkboxes for the button to become active?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,416)