cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Champion
Community Champion

Actual use of PowerApps on Android Experience

Finally tested for 2 full days on Android Phone and Nexu 7 Tablet.

1. All Android 5 and above works

2. Speed varies on different phones and 5, 6

3. Internal RAm will affect the loading speed as well as internet speed

4. PowerApps shall be improved on loading

Example of my apps:

- One page apps, with 10 records, 5 fields, 3 Formula - it takes about 25 seconds to load everytime I trigger the apps. If not quitted, it will resume within 5 seconds. Otherwise, it will take 25 seconds again. (On Xiaomi 4i : 30-40 secnds)

(The same apply to my Surface Pro 4)

- An Apps with 5 pages, more than 50 formula, also took 25 seconds.

So, it is not the matter of how complicated your apps is, it is the Processing of PowerApps in the Cloud from MS.

Would PG provide feedback to Top Management and Technical people how to "Encode the Apps so that it runs quickly or load quickly? it is always the Loading / Resuming of apps in Win 10 makes us crazy".

6. Loading of Shard apps, to the same UserID, loaded differently. With the same Work Mail - Phone can view, say all the 4 shared apps, but in Tabler or Win10 PC only 1 app. Looks like there are incompatibility of different devices.

7. Sharing: Can share to the same domain easily. What about OUTSIDE of my organizaiton? still cannot

8. Some of us can sign in with Personal email but I failed on my live.com - WHY

9. I can sign in with Work Mail (Invited and NEW and not invided) - that means it is OPENED to all, but sharing still a problem.

10. Some of the Icon with Functions react diffrently in different Devices. Definitely PC - 100% OK. Phone and Tablet - inconsistent response when clicking or touching.

10. Data Saving speed - as fast as PC. Perfect.

11. Color matching - Perfect. iPHONE shows different color and can;t view icons. (Anyway, iPhone is not popular for work group. an Ignore.)

Hopefully PG can review for improvement, especially LOADING SPEED.

hpkeong
1 REPLY 1
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi hpkeongs

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

On #4 we are working on improving the load time performance across the board for the app cold start and the warm start scenarios.

On #6, and #10 Can you please elborate the incompatibility with different devices? What were the controls used in the apps that did not load correctly and were there any errors you saw or captured for those apps?

On #7, we have a backlog item to enable sharing of apps outside the organization - we are tracking few scenarios but interested to know your specific scenario for sharing apps across organizations.

On #8, Microsoft Account / live id / personal id is not supported in the current version of PowerApps.

On #9, is sharing not available for users who have not signed up? Can you please share a screenshot, if possible?

-Karthik

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,203)