cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Add Columns

I'm a bit confused.  In my main table, I did an add column to bring in a data source into my table (vendor name) so I could filter the data by vendor name.  On a different table, I gave users the ability to modify a few fields and patch it into the data source.  When I try to write my patch statement it says it can't find the column I used in the add columns table. Why would a column I created as a lookup impact my patch?  How can I get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dyee ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

@dyee ,

I assume you have used AddColumns to produce a data set? You are patching to a table and the field is not in that table - it only exits within the app for the filtering. You need to Patch the value to the table it belongs to.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz 

I don't think so.  I used the addcolumns in a gallery to lookup the actual name of something to filter the table.  To my knowledge, the addcolumns should only apply to that gallery.  My patch function is in a separate gallery that is using the the same source table but there is no add column in the code. 

@dyee ,

Can you please share some code here (in text) including where and when you are running it.

Hi @dyee ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

View solution in original post

I tried to create an app to show the error (I took the code off of my app).  I wasn't able to recreate it.  I guess I'll mark it as good.  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,979)