cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dk1139

Add Common Data Service

I am brand new to PowerApps (about a week in to using it) and am attempting to edit the Service Desk Template to utilize for our team. I'd like to be able to input a flow that sends out an email to the assignee. I found a video (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/learning-case-app-add-source/) showing how to do so, but I can't seem to figure out how to add the Common Data Source data connection to a preexisting app template. When I click add data source, the Common Data Source option is not available to me. Is there something I'm missing or does anyone have any tips on how to connect this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @dk1139

In order to connect to CDS, you got to connect it from Web.PowerApps.com

When you click on Connection (in PowerApps) it will direct you to Web Apps.

It is here you

- select your environment (defaults environment does not allow for CDS, please take note)

- create your environment or necessary (I am not familire with SPL Acc)

- At the left pane, bottom, look for Comon Data Services -> Entities, and then continue to ..

Hope this helps.

TQ and G9

hpkeong
Jay555
Frequent Visitor

Do you happen to know, i am also using the service desk template.

I would like to send an email when a user clicks on the ASSIGNEE on the Assign to page.

I edited the powerapp excel file to only display 3 users. But in power apps it only allows me to configure SEND EMAIL to the top user. Any idea how to edit this for the remaining user on my assign to page?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,209)