Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DustinB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Add Item to Dropdownlist is empty

Hi everyone,

I have the following issue:

I'd like to add an item to my dropdown list, but this item is everytime displayed as an empty item and the value is NULL.

This issue comes up in two different szenarios:

1st Szenario: 

I created a collection to add an item manually to my filtered dropdown list

Slider1.OnChange = ClearCollect(Dropdown1_Choices; Distinct(Filter('SPO_List1'; Year = Slider1.Value); Category); {Value: "Gents & Ladies"})

Dropdown1.Item = Dropdown1_Choices

But the result is this:

3rd Dropdown Option should be "XY"3rd Dropdown Option should be "XY"

2nd Szenario:

I'm using the Distinct Function for setting the Dropdown Value. Unfortunately PowerApps can only deal with max. 2000 SPO Items.... So I have to add the items for Year manually:

Dropdown2.Items = Switch(Filter1Dropdown.Selected.Value;
"Category1"; Distinct(SPO_List;Category1);
"Category2"; Distinct(SPO List;Category2);
"Year"; ["2000"; "2002"; "2003"; "2004"......) //and so on

But the result is the same as in szenario 1:

Screenshot 2020-12-25 082128.png

How can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance

P.S: I have simplified and translated the commands to make the scenario more understandable (if there are any errors for this reason, they are only in the post and not in reality)

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @DustinB ,

Leaving aside the Delegation issues for the moment (I have done a blog on this that may be of assistance), on the second item, conditional outputs of a drop down are problematic at best (they really do not work well) and in your case, you have two possible output values - Result on the Distinct values and Value on the coded items, so you really cannot properly refer to the value produced. You should consider a conditional collection and rename the Result column to Value on the first, so you can refer to the output.
For the first, I do not understand the {Value: “Gents & Ladies”} reference at the end , but if this is not relevant, I suspect the missing value is Delegation related - how many items are in the List? I have a couple of possible workarounds in the blog above.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @DustinB ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,552)