cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theozapps
Advocate II
Advocate II

Add Picture Control Not Working with Version 3.21061.21 Photo Blank After Capture

Hey everyone, so I have a couple different canvas apps that have been working great for the last couple months.

Users can capture photos in these apps via an Add Picture Control, and then those photos are saved to a SharePoint custom library via a flow.

As of this week, two different users across two different apps have experienced a new issue preventing them from capturing photos.

Both users have iPhones, and both users are new - they just downloaded Power Apps this week, version 3.21061.21.

I also reinstalled Power Apps on my iPhone today and was able to recreate the issue, so far without a resolution.

When the user goes to take a photo for the first time, their prompted to allow access to their camera and photos.

After hitting allow, the users can take or upload photos - this is all normal.

However, after either selecting a photo from gallery or taking a photo and hitting Use Photo, the photo is blank on the entry screen.

The control thinks that I've added a photo, as the ChangePictureText is activated, but it's just blank.

In my flow, I get the following error because the base64 value of the image that's passed is not actually base64:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '11775': 'The template language function 'decodeDataUri' expects its parameter to be formatted as a valid data URI. The provided value '/SessionStorage/D554AE62-9CBF-4EB9-BFFE-77ABEDC86231.jpg' was not formatted correctly. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#decodeDataUri for usage details.'.

Something else that may be worth noting - in my iPhone settings for Power Apps, there isn't an option to set an access level for Photos.

This option existed before I re-installed Power Apps, and it is missing for both of the original issue users as well.

Thank you guys for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
theozapps
Advocate II
Advocate II

I was able to resolve the issue!

I had to disable Improved Media Capture under Experimental Features.
Hopefully this helps out someone else who runs into this issue - pretty sure it's brand new.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
theozapps
Advocate II
Advocate II

I was able to resolve the issue!

I had to disable Improved Media Capture under Experimental Features.
Hopefully this helps out someone else who runs into this issue - pretty sure it's brand new.

Mari
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for updating the thread with your findings!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,520)