cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jluna
Frequent Visitor

Add Picture Control changes image orientation

Hello, 

I have an Add Picture control in my app to let users upload images from camera or phone gallery. When the user uploads a picture, the image is flipped from horizontal to vertical (meaning the orientation changes). How can I make it to stick to the original orientation?

Thanks,

Jorge

17 REPLIES 17

Four months later and this is still an issue.  Any update on when this might get fixed?

Hi all, we are presently looking into adding EXIF data support to this control, to be able to handle rotations and other metadata. will have an update soon on timelines. Appreciate your patience with this.

Milos

An update on this: auto-rotate support (based on EXIF meta-data) will be available in version 72, shipping around mid-November.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm still having this issue on my IOS device, using PowerApps 2.0.730

Can you confirm that this should have been solved?

Thanks, 

Gert

miglisic
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello,

You will need to republish your app after setting ApplyEXIFOrientation to true on the Image control. The behavior is opt-in.

Have you done that yet?

Yes, client just told me today about this issue. It would be good if they fix it. Works fine on OS. As soon as I use camera on HP laptop it flips to landscape. 

If the image is auto-rotated through the exif settings, the image.OriginalWidth and OriginalHeight stay as they are. Thus there is no way to know the exact proportions of the target image if you want to render a smaller version 😕

ananda-vadivela
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is still an issue it seems, any fix available for this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,718)