cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Picture Control not working on Moto G6

I am not sure how exactly the Add Picture control works exactly, because on my phone when I choose to add picture I am given 2 choices camera or file, I choose camera take picture press save (actual a check mark) and camera just closes and dosen't add picture to the Image control, I press add picture again on the phone app this time I choose file and the picture I just took is not in the list of pictures and I am assuming this is not how the add picture control is supposed to work.

Any help very much appreciated.

FYI - Testing this out with the app from Todd Baginski's Blog

13 REPLIES 13
antonio_piernav
Helper III
Helper III

Samsung galaxy active pro 2, android 9, same problem

M2CE
Advocate I
Advocate I

Facing the same issue!

But it seems it's not just device related. I've a few huawei mediapads m5. On some it works, and on some it doesn't (using the same simple canvas app).

rliles
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue on the new Galaxy Tab A, which runs Android 9.0.  When I use the add picture control, it allows me to access the camera and take a picture, but when I click the ok button, which should return me to the previous screen and save the image into a gallery, it does nothing.  If I hit the retry button from the camera it will let me re-takeit, but again the "Ok" button does not return me to the prior screen or save the image to the control.  Please help.

theozapps
Advocate II
Advocate II

Reviving this because I'm experiencing this issue now as well, but with Apple devices.

User has a new iPhone 12, and just installed Power Apps.

Add picture control allows them to take or upload photo, but it shows up blank in the Add Media with Button.Media control after they click Use Photo.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,891)