cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Add Picture Control not working on Moto G6

I am not sure how exactly the Add Picture control works exactly, because on my phone when I choose to add picture I am given 2 choices camera or file, I choose camera take picture press save (actual a check mark) and camera just closes and dosen't add picture to the Image control, I press add picture again on the phone app this time I choose file and the picture I just took is not in the list of pictures and I am assuming this is not how the add picture control is supposed to work.

Any help very much appreciated.

FYI - Testing this out with the app from Todd Baginski's Blog

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Add Picture Control not working on Moto G6

Clarification--are you using Todd's copy of his app? I'd recommend creating a blank app, adding the add picture control and trying that. Let me know if it's any different.

Adding @ToddBaginski.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JackDog ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The version of my iOS device is 12.2, the version of my PowerApps Mobile App is 3.19044.13.

Please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App in your mobile device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please make sure that your Android device meets the system requirements to run an app:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

If the issue still exists, please uninsall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, then re-install it, re-create a new app and add a "Add Picture" control within it, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I added just the Add Picture Control and still the same, I can use the file on my phone but camera part will not add picture.

My Camera control works just fine,  Using Android 8.0 Powerapps ver 3.19044.13

FYI - I am using internal SD card for pictures, other than that I don't know what is going on.

Screenshot_02.pngScreenshot_01.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Any solution to this one yet?

We have exactly the same problem with Huawei and Honor. We have several users using the same canvas app. iPhones and OnePlus devices work fine, but at least part of Huawei and Honor devices do not capture the image. Even some Huawei device, which did work before, is not working with new version of the application.

They still can use Add Picture Control to add image from device gallery, but not directly from the camera. Camera control appears and accepts to take/save photo, but Add Picture Control image stays blank.

I tested this with new blank app, where is nothing else but this add picture control and still the same result.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

And yes, i did update PowerApps for mobile and latest Android for Huawei. I even tested with a phone never used with PowerApps before and same result.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I tested same apps in Chrome, and they do work. Something wrong with PowerApps mobile for Android now.

Chrome is not acceptable solution for us, we need to stick in PA mobile.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I tested this scenario on a Nexus 6P device (manufactored by Huawei) and it worked fine.  The device is running Android 8.1.  Can you please provide the exact make, model and Android version of all the devices that have this problem?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Here is few examples where we faced the issue:

Huawei P20 lite, 8.0.0

Huawei Nova, 9.0 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Huawei P8 working

Huawei Y9 not working

Huawei P20 Lite not working

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,001)