cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Add Picture control not working on Nexus 6P, Android 8.1.0

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

On (only) one of our company devices a

Nexus 6P
Android 8.1.0
Kernel version 3.10.73-g309d642
Build OPM7.181205.001
PowerApps version 3.18114.16

I cannot get the Add Picture control to work with the device camera.
Clicking the control, choosing Files, then choosing a file, works and changes the Image displayed in UploadedImage.
Clicking the control, choosing Camera, taking a picture, then confirming with the fat tick button, only returns me to the PowerApp without doing anything, in particular not changing displaying the picture supposedly just taken with the camera.

I can consistently reproduce this with said device even with a simple test-PowerApp, blank canvas, phone layout, only adding one Add Picture control, no other modifications.
image.png

I haven't encountered this issue with our other devices, Ipad Air, Aquarius X (Android 8.1.0).

My questions

1. Does anyone else experience a non-working Add Picture control with a Nexus 6P, or another device?
  2. Does anyone else have no issues with a Nexus 6P with same versions numbers?
  3. Any workaround for me, except for taking the picture with camera directly and selecting it from files? 
40 REPLIES 40
SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi all,

It's still not working on my phone, last tested with:

App ID: d57dbdc0-23f2-4948-a3f3-5f1df8e60b81
PowerApps Release: 3.19075.21

Session ID: 70664a9b-f8af-4672-b3e0-8fa2e9dcfdd9
PowerApps Android App Version: 3.19074.24

Session ID: 315d9a69-c493-4bd9-86c6-29a1f1938659
PowerApps Android App Version: 3.19075.20

both on my Nexus 6P, Android 8.1.0 that my original post was about.

@ssp1:
As written in my original post, pictures taken with the device Camera selected from the Add Picture control are not being properly "transferred" to PowerApps.
There is no specific picture that anyone is trying to use.

Thanks,
    Sa.

Alien7

Good day 

Has this been resolved because I am unable to execute this via my Android phone?

SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

Just tested with same device, fresh phone App with just Add Picture control, other tenant.
It still doesn't work.
Version: 3.19081.19
Session ID: 46d0d03a-bb9a-473d-b7c9-8f05d53a056e

Thanks and no thanks,
   Sa.

Question: does that work if you save the image first and add the picture from the library instead?

SaWu
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @claudiosvcc 

I am guessing you mean

1. taking the Picture with the regular Camera App (without PowerApps involvement) and thus saving it
  2. clicking Add Picture, choosing Files instead of Camera, choose the photo just taken.

Yes, this works, as already mentioned in my original post from January!
image.png

Thank you,
   Sa Wu.

Actually the add picture changed from January to now, so this could be broken eventually.

Thanks for confirming it is not. 

BTW, it's not ideal, but consider this as a WI while a definite fix isn't available.

Hello @claudiosvcc  can we know when the fix will be available

We have a fix that we believe will address this issue. It's under testing, should be out in a couple of days/weeks. I will let you know when it's available on stores.

I am having a similar issue on the new Galaxy Tab A, which runs Android 9.0.  When I use the add picture control, it allows me to access the camera and take a picture, but when I click the ok button, which should return me to the previous screen and save the image into a gallery, it does nothing.  If I hit the retry button from the camera it will let me re-takeit, but again the "Ok" button does not return me to the prior screen or save the image to the control.  Please help.

I can confirm this WAS an issue on my Pixel 3XL and my coworkers Pixel 2XL. The exact same problem all the way down to being able to upload images from the gallery but not directly from the camera application.

Having seen no update on this thread in a few weeks i tried updating.

I can confirm that the camera function seems to be working as intended at this moment. 2019/10/24

As of posting this i forced an update on my Pixel3XL application of PowerApps and cleared the cache immediatly upon opening the updated app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,048)