cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunnyJess
Helper II
Helper II

Add Sharepoint List Comments to be Read and Edited in PowerApp

I want to be able to make the comments section of a sharepoint list to appear in PowerApp so that it is a) readable, and b) editable

the read page and the edit page on the app are two separate pages

SunnyJess_1-1618054219671.png

SunnyJess_2-1618054394240.png

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Comments are stored separately with each version.  There are ways to get the comments using a flow and HTTP REST call to retrieve the versions.  They can then be returned to Power Apps and displayed.  But there is no way that previous comments can be edited. This is the REST call to get all versions

image.png

And this is the formula in an apply to each to aggregate the comments in a string.

concat('<div style="margin-bottom:5px;">',items('Apply_to_each')?['Author']?['LookupValue'],' (<span style="color: rgb(3, 131,135)">',outputs('Compose'),'</span>)',': ',items('Apply_to_each')?[variables('ColumnName')],'</div>')

The string can then be returned to Power Apps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
SunnyJess
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @Pstork1 

Where do I find the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint please?

I have been looking for an hour and can not locate it.  I understand you reference Flow, but that is now "Power Automate"  and I am not seeing it there.

Thanks

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

As I mentioned, and you can see from the screenshot, that is an action in the SharePoint connector in Power Automate. Its not available in Power Apps. You need to call a flow to retrieve the comments and then return them to Power Apps for display.

SunnyJess
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Pstork1 

You might need to back up a few steps as I must be missing something. I thought Flows does not exist any more.  How do I "call a flow" when they don't exist?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Power Automate is the name of the product now, but the things that Power Automate creates is still called a flow.  Here's the documentation on how to call a flow from a power app.  You need to do that because you can't use the HTTP request in Power apps itself.

Start a flow in a canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,477)