Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Add a branch (embranchement in french) for my sharepoint list or with powerapps

Hello,

I have to create a branch (embranchement in French)  for a forms that I have to do in a SharePoint list. 

Question  1 - if i tick answer 1 go to -, if i tick answer to --next

I know how to ddo that with Forms but i have to do this on a SharePoint list but I don't know how to do it.

Is it possible to do this with PowerApps since the purpose is to enter this form in a powerapps apps

Thank you for you help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ALP1 
I have put together a mini-tutorial for you on 'branching forms'.

Suppose you want to build a form like the one shown below.  When the response to Question 1 is no, the User will be asked to give further details.  The same behaviour will happen with Question 2 as well.

Capture1.PNG

Initially, the form looks like this.  The text input fields for further explanation are hidden.

Capture2.PNG
To do this, put this code in the Visible property of the Card asking for an explanation

rdo_Question1_YesNo.Selected.Value="No"
rdo_Question2_YesNo.Selected.Value="No"

Now try to fill in the form.  When the answer "No" is selected the Explanation field will appear to ask for more details.

Capture3.PNG
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about my approach.  Please reply back and let me know what clarification is required.

Typically, we like to keep conversations within the forums rather than DM so others can benefit from the solution.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

The only real reason to use forms is to have external access, I am not sure what you are asking totally, but you can use Power automate to have the forms data send directly to SharePoint. Also anything you can do in Forms you can do in PowerApps but 1000Times more.

I will send you a direct note

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ALP1 
I have put together a mini-tutorial for you on 'branching forms'.

Suppose you want to build a form like the one shown below.  When the response to Question 1 is no, the User will be asked to give further details.  The same behaviour will happen with Question 2 as well.

Capture1.PNG

Initially, the form looks like this.  The text input fields for further explanation are hidden.

Capture2.PNG
To do this, put this code in the Visible property of the Card asking for an explanation

rdo_Question1_YesNo.Selected.Value="No"
rdo_Question2_YesNo.Selected.Value="No"

Now try to fill in the form.  When the answer "No" is selected the Explanation field will appear to ask for more details.

Capture3.PNG
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about my approach.  Please reply back and let me know what clarification is required.

Typically, we like to keep conversations within the forums rather than DM so others can benefit from the solution.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted

sorry for the delay, i was implementing the SPGFX Googla Analytics for my SPO sites.

Thank you @mdevaney it's exactly what i need.

I'm creating the forms now in my SP and then i create my apps with your explanation

Highlighted

Hi, 

I have just tried and it's working but can't i add more 1 answer. 

DataCardValue15.Selected.Value="Langues régionales" Or "Langues européennes" Or "Langues extra-européennes"

It's working only when i selected "Langues régionales"

Highlighted

@ALP1 
Awesome.  Best of luck building your Power App!  Come back to the forums if you have any more questions.  This community loves to help others out 😀

---

Highlighted

sorry @mdevaney i have a last question

What operator can i use if i want to check more one answer ?

DataCardValue15.Selected.Value="Langues régionales" Or "Langues européennes" Or "Langues extra-européennes"

Highlighted

@ALP1 
You could do it like this:

DataCardValue15.Selected.Value = "Langues régionales"
Or DataCardValue15.Selected.Value = "Langues européennes"
Or DataCardValue15.Selected.Value = "Langues extra-européennes"

But a much shorter way is like this:

DataCardValue15.Selected.Value in ["Langues régionales", "Langues européennes", "Langues extra-européennes"]

---

Highlighted

YES. That's it.

Thank you

Highlighted

@ALP1 
Great.  If you need additional help please start a new thread.  Feel free to tag me @mdevaney if you like.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,508)